Currensee is the leader in bringing the world currency markets to investors and financial institutions around the world as a viable alternative asset class. Using our unique, cutting edge technology, we want to turn individual expert forex traders into successful money managers and create a whole new investor class of forex traders. Currensee is looking for an experienced Financial Product Manager to build and support our existing products and help launch new ones. A background in management consulting, within a Financial Institution or working at a software startup would all be potential starting points for this role This position is suited to someone who enjoys being hands-on in an entrepreneurial environment.
The person in this role will have the following responsibilities:
- Manager due diligence and Manager selection - help recruit professional Forex money managers to the Currensee platform.
- Responsibilities will include coverage of existing Managers along with senior staff.
- Support decisions on which managers are appropriate to the Currensee platform.
- Manage relationships with our live Forex money managers.
- Perform analytics on the trading of money managers and candidates.
- Extract data from our database using business analytics tools.
- Address data requests from our Sales team in response to client needs, which may include directly interfacing with senior clients.
- Provide input on the capabilities of our software product to better support investors and managers.
Applicants should possess the following skills and attributes:
- 4-8 years of financial services industry experience, preferably in the alternative investment space. Ideal candidates may have experience working in a hedge fund, fund of funds, or family office.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Good communication skills and prior history on teams.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- High level of financial modeling experience and expertise.
- Knowledge of key trading terminology, including equities, FI or other asset classes.
- Understanding of key financial performance measures and mathematics.
- High level of confidence interacting with a partner's senior management team.
- BS or higher in Engineering, Business or Computer Science or equivalent field.
Additional experience of benefit:
- 2+ years experience in a software development startup environment preferred
- Knowledge of languages other than English that are relevant to our customers such as Spanish, Chinese or Japanese
- Experience trading, selling or marketing Foreign Exchange related products or other Alternative Investments
Tools we Use
- Tableau/SQL tools
Currensee.com, a venture-backed startup in Boston, MA, is bringing the power of Web communities to currency trading (foreign exchange), offering a free trading collaboration platform and building a brand new forex-based investor business. Currensee is the leader in bringing the world currency markets to investors and financial institutions around the world as a viable alternative asset class. The first program of its kind, the Currensee Trade Leaders™ Investment Program makes the foreign exchange (Forex) market accessible to investors and financial institutions of all types – regardless of their knowledge of the market or ability to trade. The program delivers the proven returns and risk management practices of Trade Leaders, members of an elite network of emerging foreign exchange managers – some hand-picked from the robust Currensee social network(link to soc network page) and others recruited from some of the top CTA and asset management firms across the globe. Each Trade Leader must pass a rigorous due diligence process and we accept less than 1% of applicants. Through the program, an investor in New York automatically receives the trades of a Trade Leader based in China, resulting in a diversified portfolio of managers. The underpinnings of the program, the Currensee Intelligent Trade Replication Technology™, is the proprietary trade automation engine that precisely manages the timing and round-turn execution of trades. Currensee provides unprecedented transparency and control of asset allocation and risk management, all delivered via a unique online experience that fundamentally changes the world of investing. Currensee's offices are located near North Station in Boston, easily accessible via public transportation.