Currensee’s Intelligent Trade Replication platform processes hundreds of millions of dollars of foreign exchange orders each day on a continuous 24 hour x 5 day a week basis. For each investor with each order, the platform is making split second trade execution decisions on the investor’s behalf based on the advanced risk management controls that they have configured. Our engineers have the opportunity to design innovative solutions to the technology challenges associated with our stringent high availability, scalability, trade accuracy, and low latency requirements associated with this platform.
Currensee offers skilled java developers not only the opportunity to tackle unique technology challenges working within a team of highly talented engineers, but also gives them an opportunity to join a technology startup that has gained significant business traction over the last 12 months and is poised to disrupt aspects of both the managed fund and retail investment markets.
If you are a skilled and motivated Principal Java Developer who knows how to design and develop distributed, multi-threaded backend systems, we want to hear from you. We have a place for you on our team.
The person in this role will have the following responsibilities and opportunities:
- Architect software solutions to challenging business problems.
- Design and develop new features/functionality for Currensee’s trading platform.
- Appropriately leverage open source and third party technologies such as Spring, JMS, Terracotta, and Hibernate to meet functional and reliability objectives.
- Develop internal infrastructure to support Currensee’s automated testing and release pipeline.
- Fix product defects.
- Mentor more junior team members.
- Work within a team of very talented software developers.
Qualifications:Applicants should possess the following skills and attributes:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Expert level Java programming skills
- Expert in development of multi-threaded, high transaction rate backend systems
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Expert in software and system design
- Good communication and team-working skills.
- Experience with Spring, JPA and/or Hibernate and other third-party open source tools.
- Clustering, HA, distributed processing.
- Experience with agile development.
- Background in mathematical disciplines, financial trading, or financial services.
Technologies We Use
Currensee is the industry’s first Forex alternative investment service providing investors and financial institutions with access to the world currency markets in a first-of-its-kind, transparent, convenient and trusted way. Using Currensee, investors can build their own “fund” of emerging Forex managers, control risk, make real-time portfolios changes and achieve diversification by leveraging the uncorrelated returns of the Forex market. Currensee is funded by North Bridge Venture Partners, Egan-Managed Capital and Vernon & Park Capital.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com