Currensee’s Intelligent Trade Replication platform processes hundreds of millions of dollars of foreign exchange orders each day on a continuous 24 hour x 5 day a week basis. For each investor with each order, the platform is making split second trade execution decisions on the investor’s behalf based on the advanced risk management controls that they have configured. Our engineers have the opportunity to design innovative solutions to the technology challenges associated with our stringent high availability, scalability, trade accuracy, and low latency requirements associated with this platform.
Currensee offers skilled java developers not only the opportunity to tackle unique technology challenges working within a team of highly talented engineers, but also gives them an opportunity to join a technology startup that has gained significant business traction over the last 12 months and is poised to disrupt aspects of both the managed fund and retail investment markets.
If you are a skilled and motivated backend Java developer who knows how to build multi-threaded backend systems, we want to hear from you. We have a place for you on our team.
The person in this role will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop new features/functionality for Currensee’s trading platform.
- Appropriately leverage open source and third party technologies such as Spring, JMS, Terracotta, and Hibernate to meet functional and reliability objectives.
- Develop internal infrastructure to support Currensee’s automated testing and release pipeline.
- Fix product defects.
- Work within a team of very talented software developers.
Qualifications:Applicants should possess the following skills and attributes:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- Competency in developing software using the Java programming language and platform.
- Experience developing multi-threaded, high transaction rate backend systems in Java.
- Understanding of software design concepts and patterns.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and teamwork.
- Clustering, HA, distributed processing.
- Experience with agile development..
- Background in mathematical disciplines, financial trading, or financial services..
Technologies We Use
Currensee's platform is built on widespread industry standards (Spring, JPA, MySQL, JMS, Lightstreamer, JUnit, Terracotta, and Maven), leveraging best-of-breed commercial and open source software to provide a strong base on which our team creates a cutting-edge user experience for foreign exchange traders. In building our n-tier web application architecture, we use best practices and technologies such as inversion of control, dependency injection, test-driven development, and code coverage analysis.
Currensee.com, a venture-backed startup in Boston, MA, is bringing the power of Web communities to currency trading (foreign exchange), offering a free trading collaboration platform and building a brand new forex-based investor business.
Currensee's offices are located near North Station in Boston, easily accessible via public transportation.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com